Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving was great. We went to Tiff and Mike's. Tiff had a yummy meal prepared for us. There were only eight of us there. Tiff, Mike, Carter, Mikes parents, McKay, DeAnne and I. We had a great meal, fabulous deserts, a chance to talk, watched a little football and played catch with Carter, with his football. He is getting pretty good!

Then some of them played Guitar Hero. I also had the chance to walk outside and listen to how quiet it is out there in Eagle Mountain. It is amazing. I love the sound of silence. I am thankful for being able to appreciate the way it energizes me. It let's me reflect and ponder the things that are important. I am so thankful for our family and for the chance to see how you all parent your children. You all have a special talent and understanding for how to teach your children. I am impressed will the way you all do it! Don't ever stop parenting.

Tiff also sent us home with leftovers, which we enjoyed all weekend. Thank you Tiff, Mike and Carter for a great Thanksgiving!

We stopped on our way home and visited Mom. She was quite confused and it was not a great visit, but it was time well spent.

We love you all!

1 comment:

em said...

Its always quiet here in Eagle Mountain, you should live here! There's a house for sale in my neighborhood!

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving, I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.