Friday, June 12, 2009

I am starting to write my History!

I am starting to write my History! or Memoirs! Ok, I am now 60 years old, and I am going to try to write my history and few of my memories as best as I can recall them. I know I should have started sooner but I have several good excuses.

1.) There was no way I could write before I went to school.

2). I was way too active and loved being outside exploring and listening to nature.

3.) God, I’m sure, understands. After all, He was like me once. I got these traits from Him as part of my genetics! Besides that, God sent me to this world and gave me to an earthly Mother and Father who taught me to love nature and keep busy.

4.) After I learned to read and write, there was no way I was going to be caught wasting time, writing things down, that I had already done! I could be out making more things happen and enjoying them! My grandson, Carter Bradley Owens, will understand how I feel! (Notice the middle name…the genetic traits has been passed on to him, not only from me but from Tiffanie and Mike, especially Mike. Good luck Tiff and Mike.)

5.) The best excuse I can come up with is that I had to wait until the computer was invented so I could insert things in my history as I remembered them. No way was I going to start over every time I remembered something else, which is what I kept thinking I would have to do if I wrote with a pen or pencil or used a typewriter. I’m sure God let the computer be invented just so busy little boys wouldn’t need to write their history until they became slow old men. God has given me a great job, where I am locked up in an office with time on my hands. Because I am so smart and experienced, I get my job done faster than the younger inexperienced workers. (Please don’t believe that last sentence of my history!)

My employer won’t let me go home, but would rather pay me to stay in the office; just in case a customer needs to be trained on their software and I can’t afford to take the time off. So, I have some time to write my history as time allows and as memories pop into my head. God, being omnipotent, knew all this would happen. He being omnipotent, had the power to make it happen so I could get caught up on this history thing. I love God! He is my Dad! He understands me. And He loves me!

Seriously, it would really suck to be confined to a computer cubical, writing my history in the hereafter, while Christ is organizing His kingdom on earth during the Millennium. I want to be with Him and my family and help him do all that. I want us, as husband and wife and as a family, with vibrant new bodies, to be together discovering all the new places, planets, new scenery, new animals, visitor sites, new technology and new powers in the new Celestial world together. It would, literally be hell to be stuck in an office without windows typing up my history! I would rather do that now as an old man with a worn out body. Thank you Father for providing me a way to get it done now!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Ward said...

I can't wait to get copies of your history for Christmas.

Tori said...

How exciting! I agree with Liz, I can't wait to read your stories. Go Dad, go! (now convince Mom to do the same ;))