Monday, June 1, 2009

So Cool...

We finally have some cool air coming into our Condo. Last Friday, Jared and his friend got a crane and put the new swamp cooler on the roof. Three stories up. Jared and Greg worked for over 6 hours getting it all setup. They had to do a lot of customization to make it fit. We found out there was no water line connection even available for us to connect to. I got to meet the young man on the third floor, (know by Garrett as, “The Rock Star”). I had to climb the stairs three times to ask him to turn the water line on and off so Jared and Greg could install a new water line connection to our new swamp cooler. Three times up to the third floor and this 60 year old man was worn out. Madeline, on the other hand wanted to keep climbing the stairs time and time again. I’m getting old!

Jared and Liz took a video of Jared and Greg tossing the old Swampy off the roof. It was so rusted out it hardly had a leg to stand on. At least two of the legs had been equipped with plastic cup “reinforcements”. Totally amazing!

Anyway, thanks to Jared and Greg we started getting cool air into our condo late on Friday night. I have slept better the last three nights than I have in a long time. I slept for 6 hours straight last night, (Sunday night) which breaks the record I set back in 1889. As an old timer, I remember it well! Thank you Jared!

DeAnne has started wearing her sweaters by day… and her flannel PJ’s and extra blankets by night. (Not really, just joking, but she’s not so convinced of the global warming thing any more!

Now tonight, when I get home, I will get the bill. That won’t feel so good! But we are happy for the cool air.

P.S. Thanks to you who have visited Mom!

P.P.S. We need to have a garage sale to empty out our storage unit sometime in June. Is anybody else interested?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ward said...

Bring it on! you know how I love a good yard sale.I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it.

And thanks for the warning I will be sure to dress warm when I come over from now until October.